What is a Zipx file extension?
Zipx files are created using one or more advanced compression methods developed by WinZip. If you are using WinZip to create compressed files, you can choose between legacy compression and what is know as best method compression, which will deliver the smallest compressed files. This method of compression allows WinZip to select the best compression method for each type of file you want to include in your zip. The zipx format uses the most recent compression methods to provide optimal results. WinZip is a zipx extractor for both Windows and Mac.
How to open Zipx files
- Save the .zipx file to the desktop. If your compressed file was downloaded from a website, it may be saved in the Downloads folder in your Documents or user directory.
- Launch WinZip from your start menu or Desktop shortcut. Open the compressed file by clicking File > Open. If your system has the compressed file extension associated with WinZip program, just double-click on the file.
- Select all the files and folders inside the compressed file. Or multi-select only the files or folders you want to open by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking on them.
- Click 1-click Unzip and choose Unzip to PC or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab.
- Choose the destination folder to place the extracting files and click "Unzip" button.
- Now you know how to open zipx files. Find your extracted files in the destination folder.
Open Zipx files on Windows or Mac
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
WinZip Mac 10
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10
- Intel 64-bit processor
- Supports Apple Retina Displays
WinZip opens and extracts Zipx Compressed Archive Files—and many more formats
We designed WinZip to open and extract from the widest range of file formats, including all of the following:
Get WinZip now to open your Zipx file(s), then enjoy all that the world's most popular compression utility has to offer, including the easiest and most practical file compression, encryption, packaging, file management and data backup capabilities.
Buy WinZip Now
Also visit our partner site www.openthefile.net for more options to open Zipx files.