WinZip's RAR Opener Functionality
What is a RAR file extension?
RAR files are compressed files created by the WinRAR archiver. RAR files can be split into multi-volume archives when dealing with large file sets. Like Zip files, these files need to be extracted.
How to open RAR files
- Save the .rar file to the desktop. If your compressed file was downloaded from a website, it may be saved in the Downloads folder in your Documents or user directory.
- Launch WinZip from your start menu or Desktop shortcut. Open the compressed file by clicking File > Open. If your system has the compressed file extension associated with WinZip program, just double-click on the file.
- Select all the files and folders inside the compressed file. Or multi-select only the files or folders you want to open by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking on them.
- Click 1-click Unzip and choose Unzip to PC or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab.
- Choose the destination folder to place the extracting files and click "Unzip" button.
Find your extracted files in the destination folder.
Open RAR files on Windows or Mac
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
WinZip opens and extracts RAR Compressed Archive Files—and many more formats
We designed WinZip to open and extract from the widest range of file formats, including all of the following:
Get WinZip now to open your RAR file(s), then enjoy all that the world's most popular compression utility has to offer, including the easiest and most practical file compression, encryption, packaging, and data backup capabilities.
Buy WinZip Now
Also visit our partner site www.openthefile.net for more options to open RAR files.