Securing the files in your cloud storage accounts
The cloud can be a great solution for sending and sharing large files and with WinZip, you can take advantage of cloud services while adding your own layer of security.
WinZip helps you protect your privacy in the cloud with powerful 128- and 256-bit AES encryption. Once you zip and encrypt your files, your recipient needs the password to extract the zip and view its contents.
To secure and save to your cloud services from WinZip:
- Click the Encrypt toggle in the Actions pane (or the Encrypt button in the Create/Share (Edit) tab
- If you have not already done so, click the Options button that now displays in the Actions pane to set your encryption level (this can also be set in the Conversion Settings drop down menu on the Settings tab)
- Add files to your new Zip file
- Enter a password when the Encrypt dialog displays
- Save or Share your Zip cloud services