How to email a zip file with WinZip Express
One of the most common ways of sending a file is by simply attaching it as an email. Here's how the WinZip Express Add-ons make emailing a Zip file easier than ever.
Create and email a zip file with WinZip Express
The WinZip Express Add-ons for Explorer, Outlook, SharePoint, Office and Photos make it simple to zip and share files. Here are the different options available.
- WinZip Express for Outlook: Securely send large files directly from Microsoft Outlook with built-in access to WinZip's most-used features for zipping, encryption and sharing.
- WinZip Express for Explorer: Simply right click a file in Explorer to open a WinZip dialog, then select options for zipping, encrypting, sharing and other features.
- WinZip Express for Office: Create or edit a file in Office and when you are ready, choose Zip and Share from the Office File menu, then select options for zipping, encrypting, and sharing your Office file.
- WinZip Express for Photos: Streamline photo management and sharing with direct access to WinZip's powerful compression, encryption and sharing features from the moment you plug in your camera. Get loss-less file compression, even for RAW images; plus, when working with jpg images, easily resize and watermark and convert files to PDF.
- WinZip Express for SharePoint: Access the power of WinZip to zip, encrypt, convert to PDF and share to email, social media or cloud storage directly from SharePoint.
Here's how to zip and send files with WinZip Express for Explorer.
- Simply click on a file, folder or selection of files and folders and select Zip and Share (WinZip Express) from the Explorer context menu to open a WinZip Express dialog
- WinZip Express for Explorer will give you all the options you need to zip, encrypt, convert and share your file, all within a single simple dialog box.
- Choose the options you want to apply to your file and the method you'd like to use to send your file
- WinZip Express for Explorer will show you all the options you need as you prepare to send your file
If your file is too large to email as an attachment, even after it is zipped, the WinZip Express Add-ons give you the option to Share as a Link. Select the e-mail option and WinZip will upload your file to your selected cloud account and share a link to the file by email.
Click here to learn more about using WinZip and your cloud accounts to send large files.
Requirements: All WinZip Express Add-Ons require a registered, installed version of WinZip 18. WinZip Express for Outlook requires Microsoft Outlook, WinZip Express for Office requires Microsoft Office and WinZip Express for SharePoint requires SharePoint admin rights.