Web Applications Developer
WinZip Computing, a division of Corel Corporation, is seeking a talented individual for the full-time position of Web Applications Developer. This position is based in Mansfield, CT.
In this role you will be assisting in the ongoing development and maintenance of our eCommerce and web platforms. You will design and write new code and debug and modify existing code. You will also monitor applications and servers, study and analyze web and application statistics and data.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in software development, with the following programming
languages and technologies:
- Linux (Redhat preferred)
- Database programming (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Source code version control systems (RCS, CVS, Subversion)
- Defect tracking software (Bugzilla)
- Web servers (Apache)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly motivated, able to work both in a team and independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of full time experience in a web and/or database programming role.
- Experience with jQuery, XML, AJAX, SOAP a plus.
- Experience with e-commerce solutions, including “shopping cart” based technologies a plus.
- Working knowledge of Internet protocols (HTTP, SMTP) and standards (RFCs) a plus.
This position offers excellent challenges and opportunities to grow your skills using some of the most exciting technologies. If you want to be part of a highly energized team that creates award-winning applications, look no further and apply today.
We offer our employees a competitive salary, a 401(k) plan, and medical and dental insurance.
WinZip Computing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org