Winzip Activation & Registration Codes
WinZip Activation and Registration codes are used to install your WinZip software. If you purchase your software directly from WinZip, you receive a WinZip Registration Code. If you buy WinZip from an authorized reseller, you receive a WinZip Activation Code. Customers that purchase a multi-user license, are given a WinZip Registration File. Check the descriptions below for information on how to install your software based on the WinZip code or file you received after purchase.
How to Register with a Winzip Activation Code
Did you purchase WinZip through an authorized reseller? If so, you have a WinZip Activation Code. You can use this code only once to get your WinZip Registration Code by following these steps:
- Start WinZip.
- Find your name and activation code on your activation acknowledgement email or on the WinZip CD case. Type them in exactly as they appear, then click Register.
- Enter the requested information in the WinZip Activation Information screen and click OK.
- Once WinZip connects to the WinZip server and verifies the WinZip Activation Code, a WinZip Registration Code will be issued to you. You do not need to enter this code; it will be entered into WinZip automatically.
- Save your WinZip key and other registration information, which will be sent to the email address entered. You will need it if you need to re-install WinZip.
How to Register with a Winzip Registration Code
Did you purchase a single-user license directly from WinZip Computing? Then you already have a WinZip Registration Code. Follow these steps to register using this WinZip key:
- Open WinZip by double-clicking the WinZip shortcut on the desktop.
- When the registration reminder dialog opens, enter your name and WinZip Registration Code exactly as they appear on your registration acknowledgment email.
- Click Register. Enter your WinZip serial number and other information exactly as it appears on your registration acknowledgement email.
Register Winzip with a Registration File
If you purchased a multi-user license, you need to set up WinZip using the Registration File you received. This process is different from the set up for individual users. Here are the steps to manage your installation:
- Refer to your order confirmation for the link to download your software.
- Use this link to download your unique registration file (WinZip.wzmul).
- To begin the registration process, double-click the WinZip.wzmul file or a shortcut to the file. You must have WinZip installed to register.
Other installation options using a WinZip Registration File:
- Drag and drop the WinZip.wzmul file into an open WinZip window, which will not add it to an archive but will allow you to register the product.
- Right-click the file in a folder and select Register WinZip.
- Manually place the WinZip.wzmul file in the WinZip subfolder in the Windows Common AppData folder, which has the application data for all users. Putting WinZip in this folder will convert an evaluation version to a registered version.
Need to Download Winzip?